Recipe - Serves 6 | Preparation time: 15 min. | Cooking time: 40 min.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
2. Beat the eggs in a bowl with salt, pepper and sugar until the mixture doubles in volume.
3. Add the thyme, rosemary, cream and oil. Sift in the flour and the baking powder.
4. Add the olives to the mixture, stirring with a spatula.
5. Pour the mixture into a 10 x 20 cm non-stick cake tin and place in the oven. Leave to cook for 35-40 minutes, until the cake has risen and turned a golden color. Leave to rest for 5 minutes, then turn it out and leave to cool on a cake rack before serving.
It can be eaten as is, for the aperitif, or to replace bread alongside a tomato salad or a green salad, cold cuts, or cheese…
100 g Nyons olives, pitted
150 g plain flour
4 tbsp. cream
4 tbsp. ripe fruity olive oil
½ tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
½ tsp. chopped fresh thyme
1 tsp. sugar
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. freshly ground pepper
1 tsp. baking powder
L’Or de la Provence
éditions du Chêne
Auteurs Elisabeth Scotto et Olivier Baussan
Photographe Edouard Sicot
Discover the Provence Olive Oils
with Première Pression Provence