Recipe - Serves 6 | Preparation time: 10 min. | Cooking time: 20 min.
1. Scale the red mullet and gut them through their gills, without removing the liver, so delicious with its strong briny flavor. Rinse them, pat dry and dust with salt and pepper.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lay the fish in a baking tray that is just big enough to contain them. Add the rosemary, the chili crushed between your fingers, and the olive oil and coat them with this mixture.
3. Rinse the lemon, pat dry and cut into quarters. Peel the garlic cloves but leave the last skin on. Add the lemon and garlic to the dish, with the olives.
4. Place the tray in the hot oven and leave to cook for 30 minutes, basting the fish from time to time with the cooking juices.
5. Serve the red mullet hot, in the baking dish. Garnish with slices of baby artichokes pan fried in olive oil, artichoke purée, grilled peppers…
6 rock red mullet, 200g each
6 cloves of new garlic
2 tsp of finely chopped rosemary
2 tbsp Nice olives
1 bird’s eye chili
1 untreated lemon
4 tbsp of ripe fruity olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
L’Or de la Provence
éditions du Chêne, auteurs Elisabeth Scotto et Olivier Baussan - Photographe Edouard Sicot
Discover the Provence Olive Oils
with Première Pression Provence