Stewed Granny Smith Apples & Lemon Verbena Baked Cream
Preparation Time: 60 minutes
- 5 untreated Granny Smith apples
- 4 egg yolks
- 20 g lemon verbena
- 200 g sugar
- 1.5 liter cream
- 500 ml milk
- 50 g brown sugar
- Peel 4 apples and core them with an apple corer.
- Cook the apples in a syrup prepared with 2 liters of water, 150 g sugar and 10 g verbena. Leave to cool.
- Prepare the cream: beat 4 egg yolks and 150 g sugar together until pale and frothy, add 1 liter of single cream.
- Heat 500 ml single cream and 500 ml milk to simmering point, then add the rest of the verbena.
- Leave to infuse for 30 minutes then strain.
- Add the egg mixture to the infusion then bake in a shallow dish in a bain-marie for 20 minutes at 90°C, depending on your oven. The cream should wobble when it is ready.
- Leave to cool then remove from the mold. Then fill the apples with the cream. Cut the remaining apples into sticks with the skin on and place them on the cooled apples before serving. You can also add a little glass of syrup or verbena infusion.