Preparation time: 60 min
- 6 wild pigeon (600 g)
- 6 carrots
- grilled flaked almonds
- 3 oranges
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- 1.2 kg spinach leaves
- 6 scampi
- 6 speculoos biscuits
- duck foie gras
- red wine
- red berries or pomegranate
- soy milk
- salted butter
- grape seed oil
- Bone the pigeons, putting the breasts to the side.
- Pan fry them rapidly over high heat then leave to rest.
- For the sauce, mix with the pan juices some red wine, a splash of port and the berries or pomegranate, then put aside.
- Pan fry the legs and caramelize with the soy milk.
- Slice the breasts in half and stuff them with a blanched carrot, foie-gras and a little crushed speculoos (20% of a biscuit).
- Wrap the breast in a sheet of filo pastry and grill in the pan with some salted butter or grape seed oil.
- Remove the stalks from the spinach leaves and panfry in butter, toast the almonds in another pan.
- Deglaze with the orange juice.
- Quickly sear the scampi.
- Dress the plate with on one side the breasts wrapped in filo, then the legs, the spinach and toasted almonds surrounded with a drizzle of sauce, and enjoy!
Wild Pigeon Breast Pastilla & Grilled Scampi
A both tasty and delicious recipe.
Photography : José Nicolas